Senate, Assembly carbon pricing bills introduced in New York

Identical bills to establish a carbon price have been introduced in New York. The bills (A00107/S02846) would establish a tax on carbon-based fuels, and are sponsored by Senator Kevin Parker and Assemblyman Kevin Cahill. 

The fee would start at $35 per ton of CO2, increasing by $15 a ton annually to a maximum of $185. 60% of revenue would be returned to low and moderate income households, while the remaining 40% would be invested in clean energy and transportation infrastructure.

More information on the bill is available here: http://nyassembly.gov/leg/?default_fld=&leg_video=&bn=S02846&term=2017&Summary=Y&Actions=Y